In engineering, energy is defined as the ability to do something. For example in your body; your heart produces your bodies energy. It is your power generator that creates electricity as you move around earth which is a giant magnet. Your spirit is your bodies power box or motherboard that receives and then distributes the bodies energy.
I hope you understand the importance of the energy, now i want to share with you some statistic information about energy in Turkey:
- The primary energy sources consumed by Turkey are natural gas, coal, oil and hydraulic energy. 87% from fossil fuels, 13% from renewable sources.
- In petroleum and natural gas, which accounts for 60% of our total energy consumption we do not have visible reserves.
- In our country, the demand for electricity is growing at an annual average rate of 7%.
- Annual electricity consumption in Turkey is 278,345,608,308 kWh and electricity generation is 273,387,560,799 kWh.
- Turkey is ranked 13th in the list of countries annual electricity consumption.
How can we save the energy?
RULE 1: Heat Insulation
- We can save %40 energy with insulation on buildings.
- Heat insulation keeps the building warm in winter, cold in summer.
- Insulated houses are more convenient than others.
- Insulation prevents molding and coagulation, this means healthy rooms.
- Another effect of insulation , it prevents cracking in the outside of the building.
RULE 2: Lighting
- %25 of total electricity consumed in Turkey is using for lighting.
- We have to use compact fluorescent lamps for saving energy.
- Do not use chandelier except in cases of necessity.
- Partial lighting should be preferred instead of general lighting.
- Avoid from unneccesary lighting and turn off the light when you do not need to.
RULE 3: Energy Saving in Electrical Equipments
- We should prefer A or A+ energy level machines.
- For example Refrigrator, least-consuming brand must be selected. More size than we need refrigerator should not be taken.
- Start washing machine and dishwasher when they completely load.
- Hair dryer, iron and oven are consume a lot of energy. Do not use it more than you need.
- Do not play Dota all the night. Your notebook works with electricity too..
RULE 4: Energy Saving in Cars
- Comply with speed limits. The rules are both important for safe as well as allowing your car to use less fuel.
- Do not use your vehicle at high speeds. It also saves your and other people’s life.
- Avoid heavy braking and gas usage.
- When you choose your tires, care its pressure and size.
- Do not open the air conditioner unless necessary. Air conditioning 30-40% more fuel spending.
- Shortly what i want to tell you, in order to use energy efficiently we need to change our habits.
- Cheapest, cleanest and peaceful energy is saved energy.
- With simple energy saving measures; you can contribute to your budget , to your country’s economy, and you can prevent global warming – air pollution.
- We can give information about energy saving to our children and warn when they use it out of necessity.
- If everybody do this, undoubtedly we can leave a beautiful environment and world for the future..